Improv for Business: Mindfulness
The Maydays business improv course in London is an open group programme, allowing you to book a place as an individual, without needing to form a group in your own company.
Experiential training does not come in a purer form than Improvisation. Escape the stresses of work for an afternoon and discover the benefits of laughing, playing, connecting and finding out new facets of your own personality, and new resources you never knew you had.
It doesn't much matter whether you're the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, the MD of an SME, or a mild-mannered janitor. Once you get in the room, everyone is equal, and everyone is supportive. It also doesn't matter whether you consider yourself to be an introvert or an extrovert.
Improv for Business: programme contents
The business improv course is universally accessible. You do not need any previous experience of improvisation, you don't need acting skills, you don't need to sing or be funny. If you have some of those skills already, you're equally welcome, as long as you remember this is not about solo acts.
Our expert facilitators will build a very safe space to explore improvisation. Using a carefully tried and tested set of scenarios, games and exercises we will build confidence and trust in the group, making sure that everyone is on the same trajectory. Once this is established, the magic can really happen and people can surprise themselves with their own genius. The session will also be flexible to the needs of the group and the individuals within it. You will never be made to look silly or asked to do something you are not comfortable doing.
Each day is slightly different as we adapt to you and your fellow participants and each session has a different emphasis, meaning that you can get a lot from a one-off session, but equally you can book in advance to have a regular dose of improv throughout the year.
Every programme is CPD accredited, so the points can count towards your personal development or annual training plan.
Improv course outcomes
Each session we run will include exercises to develop:
- Self-confidence and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make strong decisions in real-time
- Group collaboration and teamwork
- Presentation and communication skills
- Agility and free-thinking
- Active listening skills and concentration
- Positive attitudes to being out of your comfort zone
In addition, this particular session will have a focus on: Mindfulness
- Keeping your cool in stressful environments, meetings or with heavy workloads is key to productivity, creativity and success in business. This session will show you how to remain in the moment, allow you to experience uncertainty and practise staying calm in the face of it. Improvisation lives in the space between the known and the unknown and we soon discover that we are more resourceful than we ever knew. Turn off your inner critic and you will find that you already know everything you need to know.
- Mindfulness is often practised in a quiet room, alone or with similar reverently quiet people. Life is not reverent and quiet though. Improv allows you to practise mindfulness amidst the noise and uncertainty of life. Mindfulness is being in the moment, not removed from it and improv demands your full attention and connection with those around you, and with yourself.
By the end of the session, you'll feel calmer, energised and surer of yourself.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is intended for people working in a business setting, regardless of position on the pay scale. Whilst many of the participants will be business owners, executives, leaders and managers from all backgrounds, no one will feel out of place. Our central London training venue is suitable for people with limited mobility. If you have any special requirements you'd like us to be aware of, please email us for advice or information.
Date: 20th May 2020
Time: Arrive from 13.45 for a 14:00 start and a 17:00 finish
Individual Cost: £250p/p+service fee
Group booking: £200p/p+service fee when 2+ book onto the same workshop
Venue: Faber Creative Spaces, Bloomsbury House, 74-77 Great Russell St, Holborn, London WC1B 3DA
Nearest transport links:
Nearest tube: 5-minute walk from Holborn Station (Central & Piccadilly Line), a 7-minute walk from Tottenham Court Road Station (Northern & Central Line).
Nearest bus stop: British Museum (Stop W) no. 14 bus.
Parking: The venue does not have parking, but there is a car park just across the road in Bloomsbury Square.
Faber Creative Spaces (View)
Bloomsbury House, 74-77 Great Russell St, Holborn
London WC1B 3D
|Minimum Age: 16|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|